Saturday, November 1, 2014

Table top Photos

Went and picked up some of my bottles out of storage. Now I have a nice little table top photo set to use with them. This is the first bottle to test the set up. I actually ended up taking these photos with my cell phone. I'll be taking more over the next couple days. 

My favorite type of snuff bottles. I have quite a few of these. 

(Click "Read more" for more photos)



Two layers of glass with the blue layer carved away to reveal the clear. 
Faces carved into the "handles" on the sides

Quarter for size perspective.

Small bone spoon. 

Hand painted from the inside! Through the little opening in the top. 

Incredible detail

Bent brushes with just a couple individual hairs are used. 

Even the carved glass is done in detail.

Called Inside Painted or Reverse Painted

Unlike normal painting reverse painting requires starting with the foreground.


No comments:

Post a Comment